Saturday, January 27, 2007

Jan 22, 2007 Snow in Tucson

Glad I don't have to ride today. Todd and I spent the last four days riding in the cold and rain. On our 2.5hour ride yesterday the rain turned to sleet then snow, it was 32 degrees and we were soaking wet (and almost frozen). We had to stop at the ranger's station to warm up, the ranger's station is only a five minute ride from our motor home but I couldn't make it.
It looked wonderful when we woke up, at 4:00am. I had to take Todd to the airport for a 6:30 flight. The entire town of Tucson was closed down because of snow and ice, we had to drive all the way through town. Every bridge, overpass and most on/off ramps were closed. That was fun, I felt like a mouse in a maze trying to get to the cheese.
The picture is a little dark, but I am headed back to bed and it will probably be melted by the time I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment