Monday, December 15, 2014

Product Review 2014 Part 2 of 5, New Pop-top Camper Van

Now that I am living in Durango CO the big rig is for sale, please pass on to anyone who may be interested. Pictures and details HERE (or see tab above). Selling it for what is still owed on the mortgage.




New (little) rig!!!








Custom Camper Van: I was excited this year to design/buy a new (used) van.

Looking for the new van I called Tim at DenverFleet (recommended by my friend http://elfreakofromrico.blogspot.com/) to describe the van I was looking for, 4x4 or AWD, used, cargo, and something I can put a pop-top on. Within a week or two Tim found the perfect van, 2010 Chevy Express AWD cargo, I purchased it based on photos/emails only.




Tim drove the van to Derek at ColoradoCamperVan for the pop-top.  



Pop-top Van Conversion


Derek installed the most amazing 3.5 foot pop-top complete with bed cushions and stackable bed/ceiling platform, LED lighting, silent electric motor-driven pop-up control (with remote), three layer windows all around (1. opaque gray, 2. clear to see out but stay warm, and 3. a screen), a Fantastick fan and Yakima rails. He also insulted the floor and walls.


Upstairs/ Bed

Vehicle Wrap



Derek then trailered the van to pgiWRAPS.com. I was extremely impressed with the turnaround time and pricing on the wrap.  Time from first phone call to final design was about 2 days. 

Then a quick road trip from Durango to Denver Fleet to pick up the new (used) van!!

After installing two D31M Optima blue top auxiliary batteries in parallel, a 160amp isolator, two small invertors, more LED lighting, an amazing ARB 50 quart fridge, and curtains with custom KingCage Ti curtain rods, we were ready to hit the road.








Retriving vehcles after pre-riding Big Mountain Enduro Crested Butte Ultra Enduro



Big rig is for sale, please pass on to anyone who may be interested. Pictures and details here: 
http://kristapark.blogspot.com/p/itasca-horizon-40-40ad-diesel-pusher.html






2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I was very excited when I visited Australia to explore it. Finally my friend suggested me best way to explore the cities too, and that was campervan hire Australia services. I loved that way of exploring every part there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exmoor looks just like something out of Thomas Hardy! The classic VW van fits right in! The pic of you guys snuggled in back was our favorite.
    Campervan Hire Australia

    ReplyDelete