Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cedro, NM Race 09/16/07

No training, riding for fun con't. One long lap, the most technical race course to date. I placed 2nd, there were 5 Pros, all of which I knew from the National Series. Nina Baum from Albuquerque (Cannondale) beat me by ~ 4minutes. It was a really hard trail to ride blind, but fun and entertaining. Sections were twisty turny, I overshot many turns and couldn't find the lines through the technical stuff riding at race pace. The course was minimally marked, pieces of yellow ribbon hanging in trees. Todd missed one turn, paralleled the trail then got back on. I made a 50/50 guess on one of the turns, luckily I was correct. We had a hard time trying to pre-ride because nothing was marked and there are a million trails out there, we pre-rode some of it and were out there for 3.5+ hours. What made it even worse the course crossed over itself three times, we assumed that wouldn't happen so we pre-rode sections in the wrong direction. The course was great and we will try to attend again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment